View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0002622SOGoWeb Preferencespublic2014-11-27 21:34
Reporterwimmer Assigned Toludovic  
PriorityhighSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
Status closedResolutionfixed 
Target Version2.2.8Fixed in Version2.2.10 
Summary0002622: Wrong UTF-7 encoding names of mail folders in Sieve filters
Description

I create new filter in SOGo WebGUI which stores messages into mail folder "Oblí".
SOGo creates following record in sogo.sieve file on the Mail server:

if anyof (header :contains "subject" "o1") {
fileinto "Obl&AO0-1";
}

It means - SOGo encodes folder name into UTF-7. It is wrong. Mail folder name should be unencoded in UTF-8.
See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5228#section-4.1

When folder name is in sogo.sieve encoded into UTF-7, deliver (from dovecot) does (wrong) re-encoding by message delivering and delivers message into new different folder.
When sogo.sieve includes folder name in UTF-8, deliver works fine.

Thanks

TagsNo tags attached.

Relationships

duplicate of 0001111 resolvedfrancis Sieve filter - Can't file into folder with special characters 

Activities

francis

francis

2014-03-04 20:57

administrator   ~0006626

We either encode the folder name in UTF-8, dropping support for older versions of Cyrus, or we introduce a new configuration parameter to set the encoding (for example, SOGoSieveFolderNameEncoding = UTF-8).

Christian Mack

Christian Mack

2014-03-05 05:43

developer   ~0006633

I am opting for the new config parameter :-)

ludovic

ludovic

2014-03-06 13:29

administrator   ~0006657

First patch here: https://github.com/alexcloutier/SOGo/commit/cb5802bf39fe92a408ed4df5f6c73ff236b40d01

wimmer

wimmer

2014-03-07 12:01

reporter   ~0006666

I used mentioned patch and found no problem.
It seems complete Sieve chain works fine now.
Thanks.

wimmer

wimmer

2014-03-17 16:59

reporter   ~0006717

Please can you put this patch into master?
Thank you.

ludovic

ludovic

2014-04-04 09:22

administrator   ~0006832

https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/eb7cabac717e2286e9f3368a75f89be4b1870dee

wimmer

wimmer

2014-10-08 09:18

reporter   ~0007592

The same issue is back in 2.2.9

wimmer

wimmer

2014-10-09 16:19

reporter   ~0007601

I looked on it.
When I apply "First patch" from 2014-03-06 to vanilla SOGo-2.2.3, encoding names of mail folders in Sieve filters works well. That is setup I used.
Now I tried to use vanilla SOGO-2.2.4 and encoding is broken.
So this issue was not solved in any production version.

pokotilenko

pokotilenko

2014-11-05 07:16

reporter   ~0007657

SOGo 2.2.9
SOGoSieveFolderEncoding UTF-8
But I see fileinto in UTF-7 in dovecot

So, either this bug is not fixed or I get something wrong.

After adding SOGoSieveFolderEncoding UTF-8, I did restart of memcached and sogo

francis

francis

2014-11-05 08:46

administrator   ~0007658

Should be fixed for good.

https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/15be4861b6574ce7573e2ebc6e3d3bc3fb10110f

wimmer

wimmer

2014-11-11 14:21

reporter   ~0007678

I tried current git version just now.
It includes last patch, but I see no change in generated folder name.
When I create new filter and use folder name "Oblí", SOGo uses UTF-7 encoded folder name in sogo.sieve file:

if anyof (header :contains "subject" "obli") {
fileinto "Obl&AO0-";
}

wimmer

wimmer

2014-11-21 18:49

reporter   ~0007720

This bug was not solved in SOGo 2.2.10.
I use dovecot 2.2.9 on the mail server and I see the same trouble.

wimmer

wimmer

2014-11-27 17:53

reporter   ~0007756

Oh - I'm sorry, it really works fine in 2.2.10.
I overlooked missing new parameter
SOGoSieveFolderEncoding = UTF-8;
in sogo.conf on my testing machine.
Please, close this track.
Thank you very much for your work.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2014-02-26 09:49 wimmer New Issue
2014-03-04 20:53 francis Relationship added duplicate of 0001111
2014-03-04 20:57 francis Note Added: 0006626
2014-03-05 05:43 Christian Mack Note Added: 0006633
2014-03-06 13:29 ludovic Assigned To => acloutier
2014-03-06 13:29 ludovic Status new => assigned
2014-03-06 13:29 ludovic Note Added: 0006657
2014-03-07 12:01 wimmer Note Added: 0006666
2014-03-17 16:59 wimmer Note Added: 0006717
2014-04-03 15:14 ludovic Target Version => 2.2.4
2014-04-04 09:22 ludovic Note Added: 0006832
2014-04-04 09:22 ludovic Status assigned => resolved
2014-04-04 09:22 ludovic Fixed in Version => 2.2.4
2014-04-04 09:22 ludovic Resolution open => fixed
2014-10-08 09:18 wimmer Note Added: 0007592
2014-10-08 09:18 wimmer Status resolved => feedback
2014-10-08 09:18 wimmer Resolution fixed => reopened
2014-10-09 16:19 wimmer Note Added: 0007601
2014-10-09 16:19 wimmer Status feedback => assigned
2014-11-05 07:16 pokotilenko Note Added: 0007657
2014-11-05 07:30 ludovic Assigned To acloutier =>
2014-11-05 07:30 ludovic Target Version 2.2.4 => 2.2.8
2014-11-05 08:46 francis Note Added: 0007658
2014-11-11 14:21 wimmer Note Added: 0007678
2014-11-21 18:49 wimmer Note Added: 0007720
2014-11-27 17:53 wimmer Note Added: 0007756
2014-11-27 18:17 ludovic Status assigned => resolved
2014-11-27 18:17 ludovic Fixed in Version 2.2.4 => 2.2.10
2014-11-27 18:17 ludovic Resolution reopened => fixed
2014-11-27 18:17 ludovic Assigned To => ludovic
2014-11-27 21:34 francis Status resolved => closed